The Association for the Preservation of Historic Natchitoches (APHN) was organized in 1944 and now operates as a non-profit organization in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Its mission is to promote and preserve an understanding of the rich cultural heritage of Natchitoches and the Cane River area. A focus of this mission is the preservation and interpretation of the area through the management of Melrose Plantation and other properties under its control.
REPORTS TO: Chairman of the Board
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 to start
The Director will lead the day-to-day management of the Melrose Plantation and other properties owned or managed by APHN and facilitate efforts to reach the goals and objectives of APNH’s Board of Directors and will serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. These responsibilities include:
· Fund Development – Take the lead in the planning and implementation of fund-raising efforts both as it relates to specific programs and activities and to efforts to increase the organization’s endowment. Establish an aggressive grant writing effort to acquire necessary funding for specific projects that meet the aims of the organization. Administer the grants resulting from this effort. Identify potential donners for specific projects, establish strategies to reach these donners, and operationalize these strategies to support programing and to enlarge the endowment.
· Community and Public Relations – Ensure that APHN’s programs are presented a strong positive image to the community. Seek opportunities to speak publicly about APHN and its programs to a wide range of audiences.
· Programming – Identify new programming opportunities and events that will support the goals and objectives of APHN.
· Marketing –Working with the Publicity Committee establish an annual marketing plan for all the organization’s events. Ensure that information on events reach the maximum distribution possible using a wide range of media.
· Social Media Marketing and Advertising – Supervise APHN’s digital content, social media marketing and advertising goals. This includes but is not limited to planning, strategy identification, and goal setting; developing brand awareness and an online reputation; and managing content (including website) and search engine optimization.
· Coordination – Serve as ex-officio, non-voting member to APHN’s committees to provide coordination, aid, and support for the various committees’ endeavors.
· Human Resource Management – Direct the personnel, volunteers, and contractors who work for APHN. Establish measurable performance goals for the workers and conduct annual performance reviews. Encourage a supportive work environment.
· KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
· A college degree in history, anthropology, preservation, management, museums, tourism, or a related field. Master’s preferred. At least two years in an administrative role.
· Ability to think creatively.
· Fund raising experience.
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
· Possess the following personal attributes:
· High energy level
· Sense of humor
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information to:
P.O. Box 2248
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Position open until filled.