First responders extinguish air-conditioner fire in Natchez home

Natchitoches Parish Fire Department No. 5 and the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a report of smoke inside a home coming from an air-conditioning unit on Hwy. 1 in Natchez on June 15 at 11:35 am.

On arrival, members located an air-conditioning window unit that had ignited with fire extending into the wall of the structure. The fire was extinguished before further damage occurred to the home and the surrounding area was checked for heat and fire extension.

Engines 1 and 5 responded, along with BR5 and 7 NPFD 5 members.


To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE