Deadline for 2018 Commercial Use Authorizations from Cane River Creole NHP is Jan. 30


Want to provide a service to visitors at Cane River Creole National Historical Park in 2018? Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs) are required for all commercial visitor services provided by a company or organization not based in the park. The deadline to apply for a 2018 CUA is January 30.

A CUA is a business permit with the National Park Service that allows an individual, group, or company to conduct commercial activities and provide specific visitor services. Commercial Use activities at Cane River Creole NHP include guided bus and walking tours, and traditional craft vendors and food services for special events within Oakland and Magnolia Plantations. A valid CUA is required if you or your organization provide services that take place in the park, use park resources, and result in monetary gain.

The process to apply for a CUA is simple. Pick up an application at the park or request an application by calling 318-352-0383, extension 200 or by emailing If you need assistance with the application park staff is happy to help! Submit the completed application and application fee to the park. Upon approval of the application, the park superintendent issues the CUA.

Thank you for joining the efforts of the National Park Service to provide meaningful visitor experiences at Cane River Creole National Historical Park.